IEC University, established under THE IEC (INDIA EDUCATION CENTRE) UNIVERSITY (ESTBLISHMENT AND REGULATION) ACT, 2012 is a venture of already well-established IEC Group of Institutions spread over 100 acres of land in Northern India. We are based in Baddi, an industrial town in Himachal Pradesh, located around 32 Kms from Chandigarh. Our 14.5 acres of sprawling campus situated against the backdrop of beautiful Shivalik Mountains offers safe and attractive environment to study with the best quality resources and facilities. Our University aims to deliver multi-disciplinary world class education through effective and efficient processes so as to make it accessible to all sections of society. Ours is a vibrant, multicultural, multiethnic campus promoting a culturally pluralistic environment.
The IEC School of Journalism & Mass Communication aims to acquaint students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills required for contemporary world by developing in each student the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively and effectively for the betterment of nation and society. Lab provides an excellent work area for every Student to practice and prepare them for the future. The IEC School of Journalism & Mass Communication has well equipped separate Audio and Video Labs. These labs are spacious, ventilated and well equipped for the practice of a media profession.
Well equipped Video Lab for regular Practical training exposure to all kinds of media skills.
IEC University has a well-equipped library comprised of text and reference books, journals, periodicals, magazines and newspapers related to journalism profession. Thousand of books and magazine related to the field of journalism and mass communication are available for students and staff remembers. The University also provides computer facility to its students with internet connectivity and latest software along with a collection of different equipments related to the field of Journalism. Liberty has unique Air Conditioned and Natural light sections where students can sit according to their convenience and comfort.
Extensive Digital Library
Beautifully designed Digital Library has over 30,000 books, 100 journals and magazines on different subjects. It has a seating capacity to accommodate 200 students with cubicles for faculty and research students. It also has subscription to national & international-journals like IEEE/IEE, Springer, ACM, ASCE Emerald Management Xtra through membership of INDEST Consortia of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (an active member of Developing Library Network (DELNET) for resource sharing).
250 Pentium-IV workstations running on Windows 2010, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All classrooms and offices are operational with 24x7 Internet connectivity at the speed of 150 Mbps leased line. Classroom and conference room fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Common Computer lab is equipped with 600 systems for common purpose. Separate computer lab for each school and department with specialized software are also available.
Wi- fi Enabled Modern Classroom:
School of Journalism & Mass Communication has wi-fi enabled modern class rooms enabling uninterrupted access to high speed internet 24x7. Outfitted with the latest technology, spacious classrooms equipped with all the necessary presentation facilities and also have video conferencing facility. Special classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Lectures are typically augments by multimedia.
Other facilities for the students
• Hostel Facility: - Students desirous of availing hostel facility may apply to the concerned authority of School of Journalism & Mass Communication, IEC University at the time of admission to the course. Students availing hostel facility shall have to pay hostel charges and security separately in addition to fee and other charges as per norms fixed by the Government of Himachal Pradesh from time to time. The hostel accommodation shall be allotted strictly on merit basis, subject to availability.
• Bus Facility: - Students desirous of availing bus facility may apply to the concerned authority of IEC University at the time of admission to the course. Students availing bus facility shall have to pay transport charges as per IEC University Rules.
• Gymnasium Facility: - Students desirous of availing this facility may apply to the concerned authority/ In charge of IEC University. Students availing this facility shall have to pay nominal charges as decided by the IEC University.
• Sports and NSS Facilities: IEC University has its own play ground within the campus and University organizing various sports activities round the clock throughout the year as per University schedule. IEC University has one unit of NSS.
• Health Centre: IEC University has its own health Centre within the campus.
• Canteen: - IEC University has its own Multi- cuisine canteen within the campus, spread over an area of 10,000 square feet with modern cooking appliances. Can accommodate 400 students at a single point of time.